- On August 12, 2014
- ERP, implementation, selection, software
Do we need an expert for the selection of our ERP system? YES! Why? Every implementing company offers a product which may be useful for you, or not completely useful. If you do not have a supply chain manager with global view on company business, the chance to miss a significant module or mess the process is above 80%. The sequences from any mistake are a lot of money and time, put in additionally, in modules and connections which should have been implemented in the beginning. Thus the waste of money, time, and human resources always exceed the initial plans. It is recommendable to use the services of an external expert (but not from the implementing company) who to:
- Offer you suitable software for your needs. The most expensive and advertised program may not be suitable for you because you may not load it completely or its modules are orientate to other business type.
- Evaluate which modules are wise to be implemented in the beginning if you have financial constraints.
- Negotiate together with you for price and the initial modules package.
- Protect your interests during blue print creation.
- Test the functionality of the ready modules.
It is often seen, the initial implementation to include only modules and elements, so that the customer receives an acceptable price. And then the hell comes. This is because whatever was not implemented initially after that is treated as development and cost lots of money. From one site your budget is exceeded, from other site your hands are tightened because you have incomplete ERP which does not bring the planned results.
Write your homework conscientiously – take enough time or delegate this to an expert who to investigate, evaluate and propose you variants, to save you money and time afterwards.